Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Senior Spotlight- Alex Schaler

Alex in Fall 2015 as President of our chapter

“When I entered Florida State as a freshman, I had no way of knowing the successes this university would bring to me as a student leader. Being elected to Alpha Chi Omega’s Executive Board as a sophomore, I was very prepared to accept my ultimate leadership role within the chapter when I was elected the Chapter President of Beta Eta in the fall of 2014. Becoming the Chapter President had always been a dream of mine, and I could not be more thankful to have accomplished this goal of leading such real, strong women. My leadership positions within Alpha Chi Omega provided me with the opportunity to be even more involved on campus. I have served on both Florida State University’s 67th and 68th Student Senate as the Seat 2 College of Engineering representative, and continued to represent my college as a member of both the Budget and Internal Affairs committees within the legislative branch of SGA. Becoming involved in Student Government was one of the most rewarding aspects of my college career, for it equipped me with a voice to make a change both within my respective college and the university. Within my discipline, I currently serve as the Florida Water and Environment Association’s Student Chapter Secretary. Additionally, I am a member of Order of Omega and the Honors Student Association. My leadership positions were very close to my heart, but would always come second to my desire to achieve academic success. Despite being busier than the average college student and accepting a rigorous major of Civil Engineering, I maintained a 3.7 GPA as well as a continued spot on the Dean’s List, and most recently, a spot on the President’s List.
Although the most rewarding four years of my life thus far are coming to a close, I am beyond thrilled for the opportunities to come in the future. In May I will be graduating with a B.S. Civil Engineering degree and will be taking my talents to Tampa, FL. I have accepted a job offer with my dream Civil Engineering Company, Kimley-Horn, which was recently ranked #25 on FORTUNE magazine’s top 100 companies to work for. The company’s Tampa location specializes in land development, an area that aligns with my passion in the civil engineering field.

Alpha Chi has given me the most memorable moments throughout my college career, and I look forward to a lifetime of involvement with the organization to help other women seek the heights as I have done at Florida State!”

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mackenzie!
    Hope you join AXO (https://www.facebook.com/groups/axoptp?_rdr=p, GAMMA PHI GAMMA Shelly1H AT earthlink.net) in the Tampa area Alex #4lifenot4years; thanks for your contributions to AXO and FSU!

    ReplyDelete