Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Mackenzie Murray- Intern at Straight Up Films

Mackenzie Murray spent the summer interning at Straight Up Films, a film and television production company based in Los Angeles, California.
"I interned at Straight up Films from the beginning of June until the end of July, and I absolutely loved it! I was responsible for doing script coverage and creating writers' lists for their projects that are in development, as well as assisting the producers with whatever they need. It was cool to see everything that goes in to the development of a film and since it was a small company, I was able to offer my opinion and play a role in the process. It has been such a great opportunity to really learn the business and make life long connections.
"I also had the opportunity to assist a producer for the Lionsgate film 'Public Disturbance' that was in production. It was awesome getting to help out on a real set and watch the movie being filmed. When I wasn't working, I had plenty of time to travel around and see different cities in California, including San Diego, Laguna Beach, and Yosemite National Park. It was a great summer, and I look forward to moving back to California when I graduate!"

No comments:

Post a Comment